Monday, November 19, 2007

Beauty Review: Sisley ALL DAY ALL YEAR Essential day care


icon
icon


Product Tag Line:

An anti-aging shield that provides the skin with a global protection and therefore protects its youth

Product Profile in short:
(as described on Sisley Website)

  • UV protection: 90% of UVA and UVB rays are stopped
  • Anti Free radical / Anti-Stress Shield: protection of collagen and elastin fibers, protection from all types of environment related stress
  • Protection of cell cohesion: helps the skin to regain the reflexes of more youthful skin
  • Can be used for all skin types
  • It is formulated so that you do not have to change your skin care depending on the season: “offers optimum innocuity, therefore allowing the product to be used all year long - all year”

    According to Sisley Website, 60 women tested the product and applied it each morning for 4 weeks*

    What Sisley Promises:

  • Gives immediate look and feel of hydrated, softer, more supple and full of energy skin
  • Skin regains its smooth (95% of women*) and radiant appearance (85%*)
  • After approx. 28 days (the time required for natural cell renewal), the skin looks visibly younger (81% of women*) as the cells arrive intact at the skin's surface.
  • Provides anti-wrinkle effect : reduction of lines up to 34 %

    What’s Inside:

    Apple skin extract - antioxidant, protects collagen and elastin fibers
    White Willow extract - stimulates the production of natural anti-stress proteins
    Sesame and rice extracts - improve the intercellular connection

    Close-up: How active are the active ingredients?

    Water
    Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate – widely used sunscreen
    Squalane – natural organic compound used in cosmetics as a natural moisturizer (mostly comes from shark liver oil)
    Isopropil Palmitate - a thickening agent and emollient
    Cetearyl Alcohol – used as emulsion stabilizer, emollient, thickening agent and carrying agent for other ingredients
    Corylus Americana seed oil –hazel seed oil
    Butyrospermum Parkii - shea butter
    Sesamum Indicum - sesame extract
    Pyrus Malus - apple fruit extract
    Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane -ingredient used in sunscreen to absorb the full spectrum of UVA
    ……
    and 15th place goes to Salix Alba Leaf Extract– Willow leaf extract
    Toward the end of the list we find Salvia Officinalis - Sage oil, Oryza Sativa - Rice bran extract, finishing up with a couple Parabens - commonly used preservatives which according to FDA/CRI are safe

    My Experience:

    Texture: creamy and thick to the touch - I thought it will break out my mixed skin but it did not!)
    Absorption: miraculasly gets absorbed in a matter of seconds.
    Fragrance/smell: non-perfumed, very nice, subtle and naturally herbal. I can smell very light wooden notes.
    Deatails:
    I was trying a deluxe sample of All Day All Year Essential Care that I got as a part of Sisley promotion “Aktion”. I have to say that as any owner of mixed (oily T-zone) skin type I DO NOT believe in skin care products marked “all skin types”. Naturally, I was a bit skeptical at the beginning.

    However, I have to admit I am really impressed. I have been using All Day All Year for 15 days up till now. This product does deliver what it promises. In a matter of a couple days I could see the results. My skin started to look fresher and more radiant. Now it looks healthier and smoother than before I started trying out All Day All Year. Even when I don’t get enough sleep my skin looks fresh and has a healthy colour.

    All Day All Year definitely has a WOW Effect. By that I mean that you can see the results either immediately or in a couple days and with no side-effects like feeling of tight skin, irritation, pimples etc.

    Price Time: about 300$ for 50 ml (I won’t be buying that any time soon! Thank God for the deluxe sample!)

    Reviews on other Sisley's Skin Care Products:
    Sisley Buff and Wash Gel
    Sisleya Radiance Anti-Aging Concentrate

    You can get more information about Sisley product range and All Day All Year Essential day care, in particular, as well as shop for Sisley's Beauty Products at Sisley Cosmetics

  • 2 comments:

    idemdito said...

    Hi, sorry for my bad english, I am from the Holland. I do so agree with you on this product. I had a sample also. Sisley sais that every woman who can buy a playstation can afford this product also. But I think they forget to mention that you have to buy more than once a year. Do they also forget we need to use daycream underneath thiss product? Too bad, even the samples you cannot get here in the shops, people sell them on ebay. If it was my choice I would try to make more people happy with the products and sell them for less....

    Love Daffs

    Galina said...

    Hi Daffs! Yes, I agree Sisley products are VERY expensive! I should say some of the products are worth the high price because you really see the results (but not all!). As far as I understand you don't need additional day care with All Day All Year, because it has UV+anti-oxidant protection and moisturizes your skin.
    But you are right you have to buy more than one a year plus everyting else you need for your skin and beauty! Sigh... I sometimes treat myself and my skin to a very expensive product once a year but cannot afford it on a regular basis... But it's also a question of priorities.
    I was in Holland 2 months ago, was shopping for some skin care, they did give me some samples but mostly with a purchase... of course... They are never too eager to give samples if you don't buy anything. And mostly there are NO samples for expensive products. How am I supposed to invest into 100$-300$ cream if can't even try it out first?!

    Related Posts with Thumbnails