Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Beauty Review: Teint Idole Ultra Lancome


14 Hour Retouch Free
Oil-Free


Packaging:
Glass bottle with a pump dispenser


Scent:
Light floral scent

Stay-on Power:
This foundation lasts very long. The minimum it lasts on a very hot day and very oily skin would be about 5 hours. If you have combination skin and don’t live in tropics, it will last the whole day!

Shade:
Porcelaine 010


Texture and finish:
Liquid medium-thick foundation.
Provides matte, smooth, non-cakey finish.

Coverage:
It is very versatile in terms of coverage. You can build it up from translucent to high coverage.

Experience:
I don’t even remember anymore why I chose this foundation in the first place. But I have been a fan for 2 years already. Maybe it was because I was looking for something oil-free or perhaps it was the long lasting coverage that I was after. What I know is that this is an excellent product. Read on to find out why!

It is soooo light. I don’t feel Teint Idole Ultra on my skin at all. It doesn’t clog my pores and doesn’t break me out.
I have wide pores in T-zone. So one problem I would have with many other foundations is that they cake in my pores and exaggerate them. This is not the case with Teint Idole Ultra. It goes on smoothly and I just love how it evens out my skin tone. It hides all my flaws and makes them almost invisible. Redness, darker patches, pores, occasional pimples etc be gone!

Lancome Teint Idole Ultra blends miraculously with your skin and looks one with it. No streaky look, no mask and no caking (if it cakes on your skin try this trick )


Here I used Sigma foundation brush for application

I also love that I can control the level of coverage. To do this, use various application techniques. When I want more translucent look I apply it with a sponge (slightly, very slightly wet). When I want medium coverage, I apply Teint Idole Ultra with my hands. I put it on my fingertips warm it up and quickly rub it on starting in the center of my face. This is the area that needs it most. When I want higher coverage I apply it with a foundation brush. This way I can achieve higher level of coverage and can add foundation more precisely to the targeted areas and spots.

Teint Idole Ultra does dry up quickly so you need to be prompt applying and blending it.

Bottom Line:
I can’t live without this product. It’s really very good quality. I would recommend it for people with combination skin like mine. But I also think people with oily skin may want to give it a try. My T-zone does get very oily in the summer and I find that with some help of blotting paper this product holds up very very well!

Price tag:
$40

2 comments:

natalie_sagapo said...

Such a wonderful post! I'm eager to try it! when i choose cosmetics for my face i look up for non-comedogenic. is there such word on the botle?

Galina said...

I'm not sure if anywhere in description on the box it says non-comedogenic... (don't have the box here) but on the bottle it's marked oil-free... I also use non-comedogenic products, this one doesn't give me any break-outs. Try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails