Thursday, April 2, 2009
Beauty Talk: Beauty Nutraceucticals Overview
I planned to make a very short overview of some selected beauty nutraceuticals on the market. However I came across so many interesting products, I had to mention some of them. In this post I’ll list beauty nutraceuticals that promise to provide anti-aging effects and improve general appearance of the skin! (This post is a continuation of Nutraceuticals Part It)
SKIN: ANTI-AGING Improve Elasticity, Firmness, Stimulate Collagen Production
* Immune Performance Elastifirm Supplement with Alasta by Sustainable Youth is one of the rare nutraceuticals which effectiveness was proven in clinical trials. It contains Alasta Complex (special Aloe Vera extract), Defatted Rice Bran, Hypromellose, Di-Calcium Phosphate, Silicon Dioxide, and Magnesium Stearate. Elastifirm Supplement promises to improve skin elasticity and firmness up to 61 percent in 12 weeks of use.
* Inneov Firmness – this nutritional supplement from Laboratoires INNEOV contains Lacto-Lycopene (stimulates cellular renewal), vitamin C (promotes synthesis of collagen and elastin fibers) and soy isoflavones (support cellular renewal, protect collagen). Laboratoires INNEOV is a joint venture between L'Oreal and Nestle. Unfortunately, Inneov products don't seem to be available either in the US or UK but Inneov products are available on-line, for example on Amazon.
* Youth Builder Dietary Supplement from a world-renowned dermatologist Dr. Murad contains Glucosamine, Grape Seed Extract amino acid complex and Vitamin A, C, E to “boost collagen production, support connective tissue and stimulate healthy cell renewal”. It promises to reduce lines and wrinkles by 34% in 5 weeks
* Borba offers several anti-aging nutraceutical products. For example, their Firming Aqua-less Crystalline drink contains a bio-vitamin complex and a blend of nutrients “intended to promote the skin’s natural support system, helping to nourish and tone the skin”.
* Another product from Borba, Age Defying Aqua-Less Crystalline contains “a blend of age-fighting skin renewers” and promises to help “soften the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and renew skin’s natural glow”. It is infused with flaxseed and noni berry and 4 essential B vitamins. It is also calorie free.
SKIN: GENERAL Improve General Appearance, Provide Anti-Oxidant Protection
* SnapDragon drink by Votre Vu promises to help you get beautiful skin and a radiant glow with the help of fruits, botanicals (Mango, Pomegranate and Acai Berry juices), teas (green, white, and gorgeous red), vitamins plus Collagen, Aloe Vera, Foti, Ginkgo Biloba and Baobab Fiber.
* Inneov Dry Skin supplement is supposed to help balance and moisturize skin from within with a combination of Omega 3, Omega 6, Lacto-Lycopene, Vitamins C and E.
* Dr. Brandt Water Boosters come as concentrated drops and are available in 3 flavors with blueberries, pomegranate and green apple extracts. Water boosters contain green tea (powerful anti-oxidant), grapeseed extract (protects collagen and elastin), lo han (reduces cravings for sugar), white tea (anti-oxidant ). The promise is “to repair skin and slow future signs of aging from the inside out”.
* Dr.Murad offers a selection of nutraceutical products to improve skin’s general appearance, including:
- Wet Suit Cell Hydrating Dietary Supplement – “Fortifies cell membranes to help skin maintain a healthy moisture balance”. This supplement contains Phosphatidylcholine, Vitamin E, Zinc, Copper, Manganese and CoQ10
- Sleep Reform Dietary Supplement contains Melatonin, Glucosamine and B-vitamins ad helps your skin repair during sleep. It promotes and optimizes sleep “while supporting increased collagen production and cellular renewal”.
* Toki Drink comes in sachets of powder to be diluted in water and contains Active Collagen, Calcium and Mucopolysaccharide. It is supposed to help improve skin texture and appearance.
* Glowelle by Nestle combines vitamins, phyto-nutrients, botanical and fruit extracts such as beta carotene, vitamins C and E, lycopene, lutein, CoQ10 and selenium, pine bark, pomegranate and green tea extracts. Glowelle promises to protect, nourish and hydrate skin from within.
* Borba’s Gummi Bear Boosters are gummi bear candies that contain antioxidant Green Tea Extract and Grape Seed Extract. Gummi Bear Boosters are supposed to Help “increase the potential to absorb skin caring ingredients into the epidermis” and to “regenerate its (skin’s) natural support system”.
Coming soon: Nutraceuticals that help to get rid of cellulite, improve hair and nails!
Beauty Talk: Nutraceuticals Enhance Beauty From Within
Beauty Talk: Nutraceuticals Overview - Cellulite, Hair, Nails
Copyright: by Skin Care and Beauty Blog