Saturday, February 2, 2008

Beauty Shopping: Looking for Perfect Concealer


Still hunting for a perfect concealer, I tried out Helena Rubinstein’s Magic Concealer, had a brief look at Dior’s SkinFlash and gave another chance to YSL’s Touche Eclat.

Helena Rubinstein’s Magic Concealer comes in a tube without an applicator. I liked its texture: light, easy to apply and blend into the skin. I think this is one of the least noticeable concealers I’ve tried out! It also offers a very good coverage. Though after some time and a bit of laughing, you do notice a couple lines …

I have recently read that Dior's SkinFlash is great to camouflage dark circles so I briefly looked at it. Just like YSL’s Touche Eclat, it is a highlighter. When I was already back home and looked at Dior’s site, I discovered that they have a product specially made for under eye area: Anticerne Perfecteur Hydrating Concealer. Now I am dead curious how it compares to others.

With one eye comouflaged with Magic Concealer and the other with Touche Eclat, I was trying to decide which I liked better. A sales girl expressed an opinion that I, in fact, DO NOT have any dark circles. I asked what those shadows under my eyes are. To what she replied that first of all I tend to stand too close to the mirror and second, you always see more imperfections on your own face. She was really pushing for Yves Saint Laurent's Touche Eclat as a more natural look. YSL does look very natural as it has very light texture, blends nicely and smoothly. It does not have concentrated color pigment. In fact, YSL’s Touche Eclat is a highlighter with some concealing properties. However it is so often mentioned as a concealer that you just forget it is actually not. For example, In Style last year featured it as the best “Undereye Concealer” of the year. I constantly read that this or that makeup artist loves YSL Touche Eclat. So I just made up my mind to buy it. So now I am a proud owner of YSL Touche Eclat! The picture of it I made (below) is kind of symbolic with those heavy shadows on the one side and golden light on the other - got it like this just by chance.



My Best Concealer List (based on a product's ability to conceal but at the same time not to emphasize fine lines):
1. MAC's Select Moisturecover - seems to be the best!
2. Helena Rubinstein's Magic Concealer - blended very nicely into the skin
3. Bobbi Brown's Creamy Concealer Kit and Bourjouis' Anti Dark Circles - Bobbi Brown has to be applied over a moisturizer but in the end looks quite natural, get an additional point as it comes with a powder, both have nice texture. Get mor details from my previous Concealer Hunt Posts:
  • Bobbi Brown, MAC, L'Oreal
  • Bourjouis, Laura Mercier
  • No comments:

    Related Posts with Thumbnails