Saturday, January 5, 2008

Beauty Shopping: Sales in Full Swing in Zurich


Time has arrived for seasonal sales in Switzerland! In Zurich sales have started already on the last days of December. However those who like sales deals know that right now it is just a warm-up: the prices are not yet “desperately” low.

I went to Bahnhofstrasse this Friday and checked out several “hot” sales spots for beauty product. Jelmoli has a nice selection of makeup on sale with a choice of foundations, powders, concealers, lipsticks, lipglosses and eyeshadows from MaxFacactor and Revlon, Versace and Bourjois …plus some skin care from Revlon and Payot. There are also some lazy sales going on at Origins, Clinique, Lancome, Shiseido counters … Coop is selling off a variety of Nivea, L’Oreal, MaxFactor, Sans Soucis makeup etc. Manor has a mix from the well-known L’Oreal, Maybelline, and MaxFactor brands in addition to inexpensive colourful bunch of unidentified origins (most probably made in China).

I think sales give you a great chance to try out something new: either some new brand or a new (wild!) colour/product. You don’t risk paying the full price in case it doesn’t work for you; very often this is the way you discover a great product or a new shade :-)

I’ve always wanted to try out Origins’ products! So I got Origins “Calm to your senses” set at a very nice 35-40% discount. The set includes a body peeling and a moisturizing body soufflĂ©. Both products strongly smell of lavender and have a lot of essential oils among the ingredients. I also got a Bronzing Powder in Gold “Terra Mediterranea” from MaxFactor… I have never really embraced bronzing products, so for me it will be a chance to experiment. I guess I’ll make a good use of this bronzing powder at St.Valentine’s! ;-)

1 comment:

Pea said...

Even Manor has some good deals! I got a bag with all kinds of skin & beauty products which I couldn't have bought otherwise !

Related Posts with Thumbnails