Thursday, April 15, 2010

Make Up Tip: Make Your Face Look Slimmer


The secret to making your face look thinner with makeup is contouring, enhancing the angles in your face. Here are a couple easy tips for those who have a round face and want to make it look slimmer.

*While applying blush smile and apply it to the front of your cheeks. This will make your face look thinner.

* Contour cheeks by applying pale brown face powder or bronzer (no shimmer!) in the hollows of your cheeks. Try making a fish face to better see where to apply. This trick will create a light shadow effect that will bring out your cheek bones and make your face look slimmer.

* Another trick I came accross online is to use 2 (or even 3) shades of blush to contour your cheeks. One light shade is applied in circular motions on the apples of your cheeks and the deeper shade is applied just below the cheekbones. Blend well! I have not tried this trick yet, so if you have, please let me know your impressions and opinions in comments to this post.


In this photo I used bronzer to accentuate the cheekbones. I also applied shimmery highlighter at the top of cheek apples. Actually now that I look at this photo I am thinking that it was a bit too much shimmer :-)


Check out tip on how to use makeup to look younger

2 comments:

Gwen said...

I love it! I really like lots of shimmer, though. I s'pose it's a personal preference thing. I also use a little bronzer under the chin for slimming the face. I have a double-chin kind of thing and a touch of bronzer or blush helps to shadow and minimizes the appearance of the large fleshy neck/chin.

Leon said...

The tips are really helpful. I used bronzer for slimming my face.

Related Posts with Thumbnails