Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I am back!

Hi Everyone! Thanks for still following my blog even though I have disappered for such a long time! I owe an explanation as to why I was absent for such a long time. I was busy with many projects, mostly volunteer work, family and business issues.

The main thing that kept me busy was a local breast cancer fundraising project which literally took over my life. In the end it was very successful and worth the terrible stress and all the work. I also got involved into other charity projects.

At the fundraising event. I am on the right.
Check out my hair :-) This is a new look for me.
I pulled it all up into a tight classical knot
Sorry, this is the best pic I have.

In addition, I was working intensely on setting up and editing local women’s association’s website, blog and other internet accounts. It is an amazing feeling to do volunteer work - I feel it is fulfilling and very rewarding even though no money is involved. It's been a very busy, often hectic time... I discovered how hard it is to balance motherhood with social life, business and volunteer work. I have to say I did not find a way to juggle all of these responsibilities and commitments without a huge toll on my health. This is another reason I was absent for such along time.

I am still involved into volunteer work but I am ready to return to blogging. However from now on you may notice that the style of my blogposts will change and I will expand the “repertoire”. I will still post about beauty, skin care and I will review products but maybe not in such scrupulous detail as before. I would also like to talk about beauty from another point of view – I have been thinking a lot lately about beauty as a concept in the society, all the various contradictions and issues associated with it.


Nancy said...

Welcome back! It sounds like the trip not only gave you some clarity with your priorities, but a new focus! Very inspiring, especially since you were absent for a great cause.

Slightly off topic - I can't pull off updos but you look great. :) Sort of curious to how the back looked like!

I'm looking forward to your new approach to blogging about beauty from this point forward. :)

Jan Marini Bioglycolic said...

Great to know that you are back. Now get to blogging! =)

Simply Stephy said...

Welcome back! You got some really great goodies :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails